7.20.2006

Saturday

Haha, I'm so sneaky! I figured out how to sneak saturday in before sunday! Isn't that just the sneakiest thing you've ever heard of? Probably not. But oh well. Here we go.

Ok, Saturday. We got up nice and early-about 5, I think.

We wanted to get going so we wouldn’t get caught in the fire. We make oatmeal for breakfast, which was really good. We made sure to clean up camp really good.

I took this right before we left. I thought I had gotten everything, but I didn’t. A dollar goes to the first person who figures what I left.

Yeah, so we left the same way we came, except we did one more short portage so we wouldn’t have to paddle all the way around the peninsula kinda thing we had been camping on. We took a lot less time too, because we didn’t want to get caught in the fire. Whereas it had taken us around 7 or 8 hours to get to the campsite from cross river bay, it only took us 5 1/ 2 hours to get back.

I think you can understand our motivation.

Once we got back to the dock, I had to hike about half a mile back to the lodge to ask them to come pick us up. While I did that, Dad figured out how to take pictures of himself with the camera, lol.

Then, we had to wait under a little shelter with some picnic table for mom to make the hour and a half drive from our hotel to get us. We took showers at the shower house while we were waiting. They kinda sucked. I took a Jacuzzi bath when we got back to the hotel. That was better. I got a couple of bottles of root beer. It was pretty good. When they finally did get there, Bobby was pretty happy to see us.

Woohoo. So yeah, we walked around on the rocks when we got back to Grand Marais.

Then we went back to the hotel. I took a shower, and then we went to dinner at the Bluefin Grill by our room. It was really…really….really….rreeaallllyy…..r e a l l y……s l o wwwww……. It took like an hour to get our food. I hate slow restaurants. Especially with my parents. Then we went back to the hotel, and went to sleep. Zzzzzzzz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home