12.01.2008

My Philosophy on Procrastination

I am not one of those people who slacks off by playing video games. When I'm not working on what I should be doing, I am reading about something else that interests me or watching something culturally stimulating...not just sitting around. I don't want to sound like a snob, but that's my take on it. Which brings me here. It's 1:27 in the morning, Monday morning. I have just had 5 days off from school. Yes, I was working on my application to Indiana University a lot of the break. But in between sending emails to directors and everything else, I would read a little snippet...or the entire menu...about a new restaurant downtown or read an article in the New Yorker about a BBQ place in Texas. It's not that I'm wasting my time...I'm just putting my efforts in a place where maybe they aren't being used to their full potential. And now, I have a bunch of homework due tomorrow that I haven't done. I'm getting up at 6:15 to finish some of it. But tomorrow, I am going to see what happens if I don't do anything at all besides what is completely time efficient. We'll see what happens.

Also, I'm shaving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home