10.05.2009

A New Direction

Taking the blog in a new direction. Or perhaps just a direction, period. Hadn't really been going anywhere, had it? I think what I'm going to do every couple days is post a really great, or kindof alright, song/video or whatever as well as a bit of background on how I found it, what I think of it, etc. We'll start this of with a band called Poutníci. They are a Czech bluegrass band. I think it's really interesting that bluegrass found it's way to the Czech republic at all, and even more so that it has become fairly popular and the people have taken it and kept some parts similar to it's roots, and then added Czech components to it, as well. I was just reading the Wikipedia article on Czech music in general, and one thing led to another. I found this video of them playing Wayfaring Stranger, which I think is a really beautiful song. One of my favorite versions of it is in this video by Mike Marshall, who plays it on mandocello. Anyway, here it is, let me know what you think. More soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home